Most of us possess an internal dialogue. Some of these internal “conversations” can be nurturing or critical. Those with positive messages have an upbeat attitude, have an optimistic outlook and stay motivated while selling. Others, unfortunately, hear negative “you-are-no-good” messages. No matter which group we find ourselves in, we all could all use a little positive sales motivation. After all, as a professional salesperson, we did pick a profession that has a fair amount of rejection. One exercise I find useful to help reach my sales goals (especially when I have had a stressful day) is to review and post some of my favorite motivational sales quotes. Below I share my top ten.
After you read through the list, see if your outlook on the day improves. Do you have a favorite motivational quote you use? If so, send me a note with your favorite sales quote. I would enjoy hearing from you.
- “You are born to win, but to be a winner; you must plan to win, prepare to win and expect to win.” –Zig Ziglar.
- “It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages”. – Henry Ford
- “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard”. –Estee Lauder
- “The only thing that is keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.” –Tony Robbins.
- “Business opportunities are like buses; there’s always another one coming.” –Richard Branson
- “A mediocre man tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires”. –Harvey Mackay.
- “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails”. –John Maxwell
- “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
- “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” –Albert Einstein
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” ― Henry Ford
Some days can be a real test to our motivation, and on those days it helps to have positive sayings we can review and keep us moving forward. As a sales coach and trainer, I use one of the best sales motivator icons, a triangle, to understand the interdependency of three our Behavior-Attitude-Skills (known in my previous blog as the BASk triangle). If you like to read about it, click on this blog called Four Time Management Tips. This icon shows I can have the best sales techniques but without goals, direction or accountability, I am lost. Without purpose and guidance, my positive attitude is threatened and so is my motivation.
How about you? Do you have two or three favorite sales motivational quotes?
Please send them in so I can share. I am happy to add it to this list (and of course reference you!).